Fwd: Beaming in 4/4 and justify staves

From: Noeck
Subject: Fwd: Beaming in 4/4 and justify staves
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 00:42:51 +0200

Hi Christopher,

please always write to the list! Your clarification of your question is
what I expected. But I don't know the answer for that.

Joram

Betreff:        Re: Beaming in 4/4 and justify staves
Datum:  Thu, 9 Apr 2020 19:39:21 -0300
Von:    Cristopher Bonn <address@hidden>
An:     Noeck <address@hidden>

Hi Joram,

Thanks for your answer. I want a measure without rests beamed like it's
traditionally done (2 groups of 4), is this possible? In short, three
8th notes would never be beamed together in any case. I hope I'm clear...

New image attached for clarification

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 7:21 PM Noeck <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Hi Christopher,

    >> 1) How can I have this beaming in 4/4 as default? see attached image.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/automatic-and-manual-beams

    \version "2.20.0"

    \relative {
      \overrideTimeSignatureSettings
        4/4  % whenever you use \time 4/4
        1/8  % use 8th notes as beat
        1,1,2,4  % group them like this
        #'()    % no exceptions
      \time 4/4
      r8 a' \repeat unfold 14 a
    }

    It was not clear to me from your image how you would like to beam a
    measure without rests. So probably this answer is wrong even though the
    first measure looks like yours.

    >> 2) Is there a way to justify staves?
    >
    > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/changing-spacing

    In particular: