Re: GS problem with Lily 2.21.0

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: GS problem with Lily 2.21.0
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 01:04:30 +0200

On 16.04.20 18:09, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

On 4/16/20 2:46 PM, Simon Albrecht wrote:
Hello everyone,

I’m having a problem with my newly installed Lilypond versions 2.20.0 and 2.21.0: Any compilation I start aborts while GS tries writing a PDF.

I installed both versions yesterday, and the first tests were successful, before this problem came up. Inbetween I mounted and unmounted an SD card.

Any clues for how to investigate/proceed? A complete, verbose log is found below.

I hope you don't find this question insulting,

Only in the slightest ;-)

but you didn't by chance have the PDF files open in Adobe reader or some other PDF viewer that locks the file? If so, the simple solution is to close the PDF file before trying to run Lilypond.

If not, it might help others to provide debugging hints if you tell what operating system you use.

I’m using Ubuntu 18, so that’s definitely not the reason.

Best, Simon