Re: cues with lyrics

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: cues with lyrics
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 06:26:45 +0200

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 at 02:03, Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

> I posted this some time ago and didn't get answer so I thought I would
> try again:
>
> This is an example that I reduced from a snippet.
>
> Can someone please tell me why the lyrics ("wordc") don't show up on the
> third note (from the 2nd cueDuring)?

Hello,

It is hard to understand what you want to achieve here.
In addition your structure is strange. I do not expect the \new Voice = "cue" in the \addQuote command but rather below in your \score block.

You only have one note in your oboe voice, hence only lyrics below this note. If you want your lyrics to align on another voice then you can use a NullVoice context as explained in NR 2.1.2 Techniques specific to lyrics > Polyphony with shared lyrics
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics.html#polyphony-with-shared-lyrics

Cheers,
Xavier

--