Playing with Quartertones

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Playing with Quartertones
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 05:35:40 +0200

Hello,

I'm a newby.  I want to know if lilypond is a good tool for my use case:

When I have a midi file containing quartertones, like the ones on this
page for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarter_tonehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarter_tone

or, more generally, other "microtones", is it possible to import the
file in lilypond?  How would that look like?  Would it be possible to
export back to midi?

BTW, I've found this page:

  http://www.ekmelic-music.org/en/index.htm

it links to an addon (Ekmelily) that "supports the notation of
microtonal music in several equal-temperament tunings: 12, 19, 24, 31,
36, 48, and 72-EDO".  But only these, and the page states that it isn't
possible to export the result to midi.

Thanks in advance for any hints,

Michael.