Re: Resources For Learning Scheme?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Resources For Learning Scheme?
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 00:45:36 +0200

Am So., 17. Mai 2020 um 00:27 Uhr schrieb Valentin Villenave
<address@hidden>:

> On 5/16/20, Caio Barros <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I wasn't aware Urs wrote this book. This is very nice!
>
> I agree.
>
> Obviously one of the first places to check out is our in-house manual
> (sadly still unfinished):
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/extending/
>
> Cheers,
> -- V.

I'd like to second that.
The stuff in Extending Manual, once mastered, empowers to do most of
low and middle complex lilypond-guile codings.
One can do a lot with those admittedly basic scheme-tools and the
there demonstrated usage for lilypond.

For complicated stuff deeper knowledge of scheme may be required, this
holds even more for knowledge of lilypond-internals, which is often
underdocumented.

Cheers,
  Harm