Re: Global colour substitution for specific characters in lyrics

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Global colour substitution for specific characters in lyrics
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 09:16:26 -0500

Hi,

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 8:35 AM Fr. Samuel Springuel
<address@hidden> wrote:

> > On 20 May, 2020, at 2:41 AM, Witold Uchman <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I am looking for a way to simplify input in a book of psalms, namely to be
> > able to simply put an * in lyrics and make the character in red.

Well, this might be monstrous overkill, but I remember something I
wrote a long long time ago (2012) which could be used:
https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg68357.html

The initial problem was to replace many specific Unicode characters
within words with colored versions.

I'm not going to bother making the code more elegant, but I got it to
handle your text.  Note you have to put any character your text
includes in the definition of "all-characters".= or that character
won't appear.  I put in the characters with accents that your text
uses.

For the fun of it, you can add other characters to the definition of
"characters-to-color".

For what it's worth, probably the answer given by Fr. Samuel Springuel
is better for your use case :)

Best,
David Nalesnik