Re: Adding Ornamentations to Note Heads

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Adding Ornamentations to Note Heads
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 17:07:51 +0200

Am So., 24. Mai 2020 um 16:36 Uhr schrieb Franz-Rudolf Kuhnen
<address@hidden>:

> 914/5000
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of transcribing the suites from Charles Dieupart from the
> original. Like Rameau, Dieupart also uses special ornaments that are aligned
> directly with the notehead. ("Port de voix" and "Pincé").
>
> I found an interesting article about the realization under Lilypond by
> Nicolas Sceaux:
> https://lilypondblog.org/2013/08/adding-ornamentations-to-note-heads-part-1/
>
> This is actually exactly what I need. Unfortunately, this method no longer
> works with lilypond-2.20. Lilypond reports
>

> "Warning: Type check for" HeadOrnamation "failed; value" # <Grob_properties>
> "must be of the type" list "
> Interpretation of the music ...
> Programming error: No rough definition found for `HeadOrnamation’.
> Continued, fingers crossed "
>
> Crossing the fingers didn't help. :-(
>
> Maybe someone can help me.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>

> Regards
>
> Franz-Rudolf

Iirc switch
     (set-object-property! grob-name 'translation-type? list?)
     (set-object-property! grob-name 'translation-type? ly:grob-properties?)

and you're done.

Attached  my version of his code working with 2.20.0.
Please compare with his original, I don't remember, if I changed other
things (for testings or the like).

The provided examples are demonstrating some issues ...

Cheers,
  Harm