Re: Adding a line break on \breve note

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Adding a line break on \breve note
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 13:56:03 +0200

Am Di., 26. Mai 2020 um 12:34 Uhr schrieb Frimlik <address@hidden>:

> Actually, as I can see, the first verse is split into 4 lines, I'd like to
> have only 2 lines split by the '+' sign.
> Idea with vertical offset is interesting.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/User-f3.html

Hi,

please quote a bit from the mail you reply to otherwise it's difficult
to follow which suggestion you refer to while pointing to pro and
cons.
Furthermore it might useful to post an image of the desired outcome, a
photo of the original or some grafic or the like...

Nevertheless here my take of my understanding of your request:

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a4landscape")
}
ToninaZalmu = \key c \major

FirstMusicVerse = \relative {
  \cadenzaOn
  \ToninaZalmu

  g'\breve e8 g a4 g \bar "|"
}

VerseOne = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = \markup \override #`(direction . ,UP) \dir-column { " " "1." }
  \override LyricText.self-alignment-X = #LEFT
  \markup {
    \override #'(line-width . 66)
    \override #`(direction . ,UP)
    \dir-column {
      \justify-line {
      Etiam commodo dui eget wisi. Nunc "auctor. "
      }
      \justify-line {
        Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.+
  Su -- spen -- di -- sse.
}

VerseTwo = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = \markup \override #`(direction . ,UP) \dir-column { " " "2." }
  \override LyricText.self-alignment-X = #LEFT
  \markup {
    \override #'(line-width . 66)
    \override #`(direction . ,UP)
    \dir-column {
      \justify-line  { consectetuer adipiscing "elit. " }
      \justify-line { Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,+ }
  Su -- spen -- di -- sse.
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff = "staff"
      \new Voice = "first" { \clef "treble" \voiceOne \FirstMusicVerse }
    \new Lyrics
      \with {
        alignBelowContext = "staff"
        \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding = #2
        \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing.padding = #1
      }
      \lyricsto "first" \VerseOne

    \new Lyrics
      \with {
        alignBelowContext = "VerseOne"
        \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing.padding = #1
      }
      \lyricsto "first" \VerseTwo

  Harm