Re: GitLab access

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: GitLab access
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 06:22:51 -0700

On 2020-05-27 1:02 am, Valentin Villenave wrote:
On 5/27/20, Aaron Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
Apologies for hijacking the thread.

No apology needed.

The link you provided worked for me
without needing an account. What level of access are you talking about?
  Is it something a mere mortal like me (i.e. someone who is not
currently a collaborator nor contributor) would need?

Well, you most certainly *are* a contributor judging by the number of
helpful replies, nifty tricks and brilliant snippets you post each
week on the list :-)

I guess I see mailing activity as being part of the community but not implying project membership. Granted, I have spent enough time digging about in the source that I probably could have been (or rather should be) submitting patches for consideration.

The GitLab pages are publicly accessible (and I strongly hope they’ll
remain so); with a GitLab account I *think* there are a few things one
can do (post comments? open issues? unsure), but being referenced as a
project member gives you more access, to take part in patch reviewing,
to be assigned some issues and to be more easily CC-ed in various
discussions.  I’d be delighted to see you get involved in that sort of
stuff, but that’s up to you of course!

I went ahead and linked my GitHub with GitLab, so I am @seraku24 on both sites.

-- Aaron Hill