Re: When (in seconds) does each page begin?

From: Matt Wallis
Subject: Re: When (in seconds) does each page begin?
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 12:54:14 +0100

On 29/05/2020 09:38, Valentin Villenave wrote:
That’s the “pools” example.  You can try the following:

##############

git clonehttps://gitlab.com/sigmate/lilypond-html-live-score

cd lilypond-html-live-score

python2 ./make-live-score -i examples/pools.ly -o pools.html \
   --ogg-vorbis-file=examples/pools.ogg --m4a-file=examples/pools.m4a

xdg-open pools.html

Nice! Very informative; Very elegant, both in how it looks as it is rendered, and in the implementation: grobs classified using html classes, and the timings embedded in the svg.

I like the flexibility offered via the html class attributes - I can see how easy it would be to modify the presentation, for example to colour noteheads red as they played.

I like the way the video is synchronised with the audio using getCurrentTime of the <audio> element, so that it responds to the audio controls properly.

I found myself wondering if it could be made still more declarative by using svg animation. But I don't know how one would then get proper synchronisation with the audio.

But I'd still like to know how to find out when a page of a score begins :-)

Matt