Re: Free rhythm in part of a bar

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Free rhythm in part of a bar
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 09:41:05 +0100

David,

What I mean is that in some music the end of the 'free rhythm' section may need to be synchronised with the other staves. For instance, at the end of a florid passage for a soloist in free rhythm, the last few notes may need to coincide with an accompaniment. The \cadenza  keywords don't seem to handle this. Would you like an example or have I explained it well enough now?

Christian Masser's idea works OK. It just need a bit of counting but that's no great issue.

I thought I was being stupid in not being able to use \cadenza, but it seems I wasn't.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:lilypond@ptoye.com
www.ptoye.com