convert.ly error message - 64bit Mac - Catalina

From: Zone Dremik
Subject: convert.ly error message - 64bit Mac - Catalina
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 16:09:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I just upgraded to Mac OS 10.15.5 and now convert.ly has stopped working
entirely. I get the following error message;

arch: posix_spawnp:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7: Bad CPU
type in executable

No change is made to the file.

I had been using the 64bit bit version of Lilypond 2.20.0 from Marnen for some
time, and that is still working fine otherwise.

This message appears when I try to run convert.ly from Frescobaldi. (When I run
convert.ly from Lilypond it doesn't crash, but only changes the version number
in the code.)

Is this a Frescobaldi issue? I couldn't find a link to a users group on the
Frescobaldi website.

I am using Lilypond/Frescobaldi on a strictly consumer level, although I have
been able to update obsolete syntax by referring to the online documentation.
It would be nice to have convert.ly back again.

Thank you

Lilypond:
Version 2.20.0 (Build from 11-03-2020 16:32)

Frescobaldi: 2.20.0
Python: 3.5.3
python-ly: 0.9.5
Qt: 4.8.7
PyQt: 4.12
sip: 4.19.1
poppler: 0.51.0
python-poppler-qt: 0.24.0
OS: Darwin-19.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
installation kind: standalone app bundle

As an entirely off-topic aside, may I recommend a wonderful asset to anyone
interested in early music?
I recently discovered the work of Elam Rotem on the Early Music Sources
project, and it's fantastic!
earlymusicsources.com