Re: How to compile Lilypond files using Emacs?

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: How to compile Lilypond files using Emacs?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 17:02:15 +1000

Hi Parviz,
The issue is not WIndows specific. You need to add a line similar to
this in your emacs init file to get the compile to work:

;; lilypond
(setq LilyPond-lilypond-command "lilypond -I ~/lib/lilypond
-I~/lib/openlilylib/snippets")

I also add the following:

(autoload 'LilyPond-mode "lilypond-mode" "LilyPond Editing Mode" t)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ly$" . LilyPond-mode))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ily$" . LilyPond-mode))

But as said, you will run into issues with narrowing, and nested
tuplets smash the formatting badly.

As mentioned, search the archives of this list. There is quite a lot
of discussion about this topic. I'd love to fix the issues, but my
elisp-fu is not powerful enough I'm afraid.

Andrew