Combining multiple markups into a single, word-wrappable one?

From: Mike Stickles
Subject: Combining multiple markups into a single, word-wrappable one?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 22:58:59 -0400

In the weekly service files I'm generating for my church, near the end is the text for a dismissal prayer. This prayer pretty much always has the same beginning and ending text, but a section in the middle varies from service to service. I've been trying (without success) to encode these in variables so I can have the beginning and ending pre-coded in my template, and just have the middle part in the include file for that service.

In other words, I'm trying to turn something like this:

\markup {
    \column { \override #'(line-width . 92) {
        \wordwrap {
            This is the beginning of the rather long dismissal prayer, which would be in the first variable;
            followed here by the service-specific part which goes in the include file;
            and then this part, which would be in the second variable, goes at the end to complete the prayer.
        }
    } }
}

Into something like this:

PrayerBeginning = \markup { This is the beginning of the rather long dismissal prayer, which would be in the first variable; }
PrayerEnding = \markup {
and then this part, which would be in the second variable, goes at the end to complete the prayer. }
TodaysMiddle = \markup {
followed here by the service-specific part which goes in the include file; }

\markup {
    \column { \override #'(line-width . 92) {
        \wordwrap {
            \PrayerBeginning
            \TodaysMiddle
            \PrayerEnding
        }
    } }
}

And have it still print as a single, word-wrapped paragraph.  Unfortunately, this (and every variation I've tried that will actually compile) treats each variable as if the text it represents were enclosed in double-quotes as a single string.

Does anyone know if this is even possible, and if so, how would I do it?

Thanx,

Mike