Implementing MIDI simile

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Implementing MIDI simile
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 11:53:00 +0200

Hi,

I have a score that follows a dynamic pattern over some lines. I want to
use the "simile" to indicate the pattern for the player and of course to
save typing effort.

Additionally I want to use the MID sound to verify my score.
Unfortunately my approach ends in a very silent MIDI output volume.

- How can typeset a proper "simile"?
- Why is the MIDI sound level at the start of the third measure (Takt)
than at the start of the second measure. The preceeding dynamics are the
same, and I would expect the same volume level.

Best regards,
Helge

\version "2.18.2"
\language "deutsch"

upper = \relative c' {
  \key g \major
  \time 3/4

  | r8\mp\< d h' a\> h d,\!
  | r\< d a' \tuplet 3/2 { h16 a g\> } a8 h\!

  | r8_\markup{simile} d, h' a h d,
  | r d a' \tuplet 3/2 { h16 a g } a8 h

  | r8 d, h' a h d,
  | r d a' \tuplet 3/2 { h16 a g } a8 h