Re: partially parenthizing a chord

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: partially parenthizing a chord
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 17:42:39 +0200

Am Sa., 8. Aug. 2020 um 12:59 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org>:

> I have one wish to improve the appearance of the parentheses: Would it
> be possible to scale the parentheses glyphs (i.e., scaling
> `ParenthesisItem.font-size`) according to the `y-scale` value?  Right
> now, the parentheses are very thin horizontally.

ParenthesesItem.stencils relies on
"accidentals.leftparen"/"accidentals.rightparen".  The size is usually
done via ParenthesesItem.fontsize.
I often find this not convincing, especially for huge Parens.
Why not build the stencils using (improved) parenthesize-stencil?
Including sort of damping like in make-tie-stencil.
This could probably be done in a manner that allows the user to
override (line-)thickness and positions (as for Arpeggio).

WDYT?

Cheers,
  Harm