Is there a way to patch the lyrics tie character?

From: Fernando Gil
Subject: Is there a way to patch the lyrics tie character?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 00:02:37 -0500

Hello to everyone, I'm struggled with the lyrics tie character when using an alternate font from Music Type Foundry.

Since lilypond uses character from the music font, when using an alternate font with the character missing, it doesn't show.

I have a workaround that goes like this:

Cuer -- \markup {po\hspace #-0.3  \override #'(font-name . "emmentaler-20") \char ##xe196 \hspace #-0.3 y}

But when transcribing 8 stanzas there's certainly much better to use the simplicity of "~" (i.e. Cuer -- po~y) rather than my workaround.

I imagine there's a chance to achieve what I'm looking with a cleaner way but have no clue where to start. Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.