Re: Orchestral strings, how to organise score and parts for divisi, solo

From: Rutger Hofman
Subject: Re: Orchestral strings, how to organise score and parts for divisi, solos, desks etc.
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 10:53:49 +0200

Sorry to be so late to respond.

I agree with Carl that this type of tutorial doesn't have its logical place in the NR (Notation Reference). A separate section of the LM (Learning Manual) for tutorials like mine, or page LM 4.6.3. 'Real music example' is in my opinion most appropriate. OTOH, there are extensive tutorials on Scores of Beauty e.g. on French ornamentations, but I feel these are somehow less easy to reach than when they would live in a LM section that is dedicated to tutorials for dedicated purposes. My preference would then be to migrate this masterly tutorial-like stuff from Scores of Beauty to such a new section of the Lilypond LM site.

Rutger