Re: LilyPond learning curve (was: feasibilty question: simple GUI for we

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: LilyPond learning curve (was: feasibilty question: simple GUI for web-based Lilypond instance)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 18:21:50 +0100

I wonder if you realise that you do not have to look at "Denemo's GUI"
- that is, you can set all of the menus, palettes etc hidden and just
use the pc keyboard and a MIDI keyboard to enter notes, rests etc and
then press a key to export the LilyPond syntax for the part you just
entered.

I didn’t know that. I guess I’ll try that later, although without palettes I fail to imagine what the “GUI experience” would be.
The third factor is that there’s a large class of mistakes that you simply could not make in Finale or Sibelius: mismatched braces, beams or slurs that you forget to close, notes entered in the wrong octave, etc.

Oh, yes. That’s a huge factor as well. GUIs really do a great job at preventing you from making so many mistakes.

www.martinrinconbotero.com