Re: how to give more horizontal space to the voice follower

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: how to give more horizontal space to the voice follower
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 10:21:40 +0100 (CET)

>>> Why doesn't the `VoiceFollower` grob obey the `minimum-length`
>>> property (inspite of supporting the `spanner-interface`)?  What am
>>> I missing?
>>
>> add
>>
>>   \override VoiceFollower.springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods

What's actually the reason to not have this set by default?  Ditto for
glissando lines.  My experience is that it is almost always necessary
increase the length of both grobs in real-world scores.

In case there aren't serious reasons against doing it I suggest to
change the default; I would also prepare a patch.

    Werner