Re: piece starting with acciaccatura problem

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: piece starting with acciaccatura problem
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 17:32:05 +0100

Hi,

Am 02.11.20 um 17:18 schrieb jh:
here's my small example of the problem I think it's been addressed before but have no idea how to find the solution.  Please give me a link or clue to find how to defeat this.  Jay

That's LilyPond's most famous bug: If a piece starts with grace notes, they have to be in all voices (and of the same length). Otherwise, funny things of the sort you experienced will happen.

So, add \grace s8. in the left hand right after \clef bass. (You can also try to insert it _before_ the \clef; the resulting change might make it clear what's going on here.)

Lukas