Re: Sending around contexts

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Sending around contexts
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 22:11:45 +0100

I managed to do an example where I feed the same stuff into a Staff and a
TabStaff, splitting in two Voices for the Staff, and remaining in one for the
TabStaff (the automatic string selection cannot handle different voices, so
this gives some warnings but saves the effort of specifying that myself).

This shows an interesting property:
If multiple Contexts have the same name, Lilypond switches to the one that’s
closest so if we have

ContextA {
→ ContextB [ change to ContextC ]
→ ContextC
}
Context D {
→ ContextB
→ ContextC
}

We change to ContextC in ContextA. If we have

ContextA {
→ ContextB [ change to ContextC ]
→ ContextE
}
Context D {
→ ContextB
→ ContextC
}

We change to ContextC in ContextD.

So in this case we only need to specify to switch to Container 2, and both
Staves will automatically switch to the right container.

Valentin