Re: Polychord

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Polychord
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 16:16:14 +0100

 achard wrote:

This is what a user wrote to get polychords.

But I would like the bottom chord to appear as C7 or Cm7 or C maj7.

"If I were you, I wouldn't start from here."

The approach of the Scheme snippet you have selected is extremely blinkered, catering only for combinations of root pitches.
It bypasses the Lilypond code for mode and modifiers.
And a warning: polychordExceptionMusic will explode combinatorially.

So to go the Lilypond/Scheme way, you should keep the two chords separate for as long as possible, and 'just' combine the resulting stencils.

My advice:  Don't try.  Write markup for overriding the 'text property.

Cheers,
Robin