Re: Mass file linting

From: Fr. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: Mass file linting
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 16:09:51 -0500

On 17 Dec, 2020, at 4:27 PM, David Menéndez Hurtado <davidmenhur@gmail.com>
wrote:

> pip install python-ly
> ly "reformat" input.ly > output.ly
>
> That runs exactly the same that Frescobaldi does. More documentation:
> https://pypi.org/project/python-ly/

I should probably smack my forehead over this.  I already had python-ly
installed on my system, indicating I’ve probably used it before.

> On 18 Dec, 2020, at 11:29 AM, Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For changing a group of files, I would try:
>
>    ly --in-place reformat *.ly
>
> This will modify the files in place and give you a backup of the file
> with the filename suffixed with a "~".

Works like a charm for mass file linting.  Though I did have to set the
indent-width variable to 4 in order to match my usual settings.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE