New version of Spontini-Editor with many new features

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: New version of Spontini-Editor with many new features
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 21:10:41 +0100

Hi everyone and happy (or, at least, let's hope so) new year,

in these very hard months I have taken, in some way, advantage of the lock down and created a new version of the Spontini editor that includes many and many new features.
In particular, the editor is now equipped with a self-installable WEB SERVER, ready for production (it supports SSL and even TOR), which allows you to comfortably use the editor on RASPBERRY PI, without any installation, and supports "collaborative mode" (like Lilybin) as well.

There is also the possibility to add scripts (I have added example scripts with Python-ly and ABJAD) and to create custom scripts or plugins, for example in Python.

There is a pan-zoom interface like in vector editors and multiple layouts (with separate windows) can be configured.

There is a pure HTML midi player (no installation is required) + a midi plugin for VLC, quick insert, auto-completion.

The interface for creating cross-staff scores is also much richer and a complete algorithm is now available to create these scores.
I have added more examples of cross-staff notation and in the next few days I will also show how you can use this interface to edit *very* difficult scores (such as those of Ferneyough for piano).

And many other things...

I would also like to put the editor online, as is already possible for Lilybin: everything is ready and if anyone will help me find a suitable host and remote service, they are welcome!

Unfortunately I could not test the operation on macOS: any help is welcome for this too!

Before I can create a release, I have to do more tests. But in the meantime you can download the development snapshot from Github:

https://github.com/paolo-prete/Spontini

All this took a lot of effort. I hope it will be as useful to Lilypond users as it has been useful to me.

Best,