Re: Repeats with bar-engraver removed

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Repeats with bar-engraver removed
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 10:49:53 -0500

Hi Laura,

> The short answer is because I didn't know about \omit.
>
> The longer answer is that what I do now is a direct descendant of what I
> figured out to do back in 1996 or so.  At that time, the options were
> very different from what they are now.  And there was a lot less
> support/documentation for how to write music without barlines.

That makes sense! As someone with literally hundreds of scores engraved in
various applications over more than three decades, I totally get the “inertia”
factor…  :)

Nowadays, Lilypond has both \omit and \hide, each of which does a different and
potentially useful thing.
Just an FYI, in case you didn’t know!

Best,
Kieren.