arranger.ly and lilypond 2.21+: error with the \note markup command

From: Stefano Troncaro
Subject: arranger.ly and lilypond 2.21+: error with the \note markup command
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 19:26:33 -0300

Hi everyone,

I started learning to use the spectacular arranger.ly library that was mentioned in the list a while ago.

While most of it works great, I found that internally it sometimes uses the \note markup command, that changed between versions: in 2.20 it requires an argument of type string, while from 2.21 onwards it requires an argument of type duration. This causes an error and makes it so that files that use arranger.ly do not compile on Lilypond 2.21 onwards.

I'm sure it'd be easy to patch. Is there an easy way to transform strings into durations?