avoid alignment of hairpin and dynamic text

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: avoid alignment of hairpin and dynamic text
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 18:36:35 +0100

How can I avoid the vertical alignment of a hairpin and a dynamic text
that starts or stops the hairpin?  For example, in this situation

  { f1\< | e''\p }

I want to make LilyPond position the `\p` independently of the the
crescendo – in particular, I don't want to fiddle with `padding`,
`extra-offset`, or something similar to move the `\p' up; LilyPond
already knows how to position the `\p` correctly.[*]

In other words, how can I influence where a `DynamicLineSpanner`
starts and end?

    Werner

[*] I need this for some special situations where vertical space is
    very limited.

Hi Werner,

Try forcing spanner-broken like this:

\version "2.23.1"

{
  f1\tweak spanner-broken ##t \<
  e''1\p
}

This coerces the Dynamic_align_engraver into creating a
new DyamicLineSpanner instead of reusing the same
one (lily/dynamic-align-engraver.cc around line 93).

Best,
Jean