Re: Repeated durations: pitches vs rests

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: Repeated durations: pitches vs rests
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 22:28:47 +0100

Hi David,

perhaps by giving a minimal example of the particular situation you have, where you feel a “tied rest” is the best possible solution, other people could give you better approaches.
My software does create rests, it's just in the particular situation
where a voice in one staff (like in a piano) has a quarter tied to a
16th that I need the same voice in the other staff to create the
appropriate rests (quarter followed by a 16th).

I still don’t understand why having one voice such as {c4 ~ c16 c8.} can’t be “translated” to a second voice that “creates the appropriate rests“ producing something like {r4 r16 r8.} with no tie, or rather, why isn’t something like this the first approach for your software. It seems we’re all on this list missing something about the way you’re working with your software to be able to help.

Cheers,
Martín.

www.martinrinconbotero.com