Re: 2.20 fails when filename has non-ASCII characters

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: 2.20 fails when filename has non-ASCII characters
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 22:11:30 +0100

On 25 Feb 2021, at 17:00, Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if this is a known issue, or if anyone cares because it's
> version 2.20, but it will get a fatal error if the filename contains
> non-ASCII characters.  It is not a problem in 2.22 or 2.23.  I believe
> I saw a thread where this error popped up, but I can't find it.

Among maybe others there’s at least

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/ps2pdf-and-file-name-encoding-td164457.html

and

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6089

that show how troublesome (and OS (distribution) specific) non-ascii characters
in filenames have proven to be in the distant past as well as the recent past.

kind regards,
Hans