Re: Single entry font

From: Mark Theodoropoulos
Subject: Re: Single entry font
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 18:22:33 -0700

Sigh, only just now realized that I replied only to Aaron rather than the list, which is no help to Calvin, or anyone else. Fairly old now, but perhaps of use to someone.

====

On 2021-03-23 7:54 PM, Aaron Hill wrote:
> On 2021-03-23 7:24 pm, Calvin Ransom wrote:
>> I am trying to use the attached font for my title but I am not able to get
>> the title to switch to Odin Rounded, but it can switch to my other
>> installed fonts. I am using windows 10. I am also unsure how to run
>> "lilypond -dshow-available-fonts"
>
> You just run that command from the terminal.  [. . .]

Also be aware that, at least on Windows, this prints to standard error rather than standard output; if you wish to save it to a file (so that the list is actually usable if you have more than a dozen or so installed fontfiles), you need to tack on an additional redirection, e.g.,

    lilypond -dshow-available-fonts > my_lily_fonts.txt 2>&1

Otherwise you'll get a zero-length file. Hope this saves a few hairs for
someone.

Regards,
M. Theo

--
m. theo / surtitles & program notes · typography · music engraving
classics without walls, 1992–2011 | 998 broadcasts | 26,347 miles