horizontal distance from notehead to augmentation dot ; mensural notatio

From: 98123981293 1293812397123
Subject: horizontal distance from notehead to augmentation dot ; mensural notation : dots inside ligatures
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 10:40:38 -0400

Dear list,

1) Can someone please clarify to me how to increase the distance between a notehead and its augmentation dot in general? I'm trying to use extra-spacing-width property, and while setting the cdr of the pair induces the expected space between the dot and the next notehead, setting the car to similarly extreme values seems to have no effect. See snippet below.

2) Augmentation dots inside ligatures seem to be totally insulated from dot engraver overrides, even when placing the override inside the ligature bracket in question. Is there a solution to this?

As a small aside, I'm wondering: in mensural notation inside Lilypond, is there already a built in tool for distinguishing augmentation dots from so-called 'dots of division'? From the documentation, it appeared not, hence my attempts to override the dot position, but if there is an easier way please let me know. In general I've been extremely impressed with the output of the mensural syntax; thank you to developers responsible for these features.

\version "2.23.1"
  \new MensuralVoice {
  \override NoteHead.style = #'blackpetrucci
  \override Dots.extra-spacing-width = #'(10 . 10 )%%% placing this override inside the ligature has no effect
    \[ a'1 b'1. \] b'2 b'1. b'1