Re: cueDuring woes

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: Re: cueDuring woes
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 14:13:56 -0400

Quotes (and cues) are special.

I guess you could see them as a tape playback. When you request a
portion to be quoted, LilyPond gets the reel and rolls back the music
up to that quote and then starts the actual quoting. So, in your
example, you were actually quoting measure 2 of \oboeB which is empty
or non existent. I hope this makes sense.

You need to keep them in sync for them to quote the good stuff at the
right time.

violin = {
    \violinA
    \violinB
}
\addQuote "violin"

I use quotes extensively for stuff like dynamics and what not which
often resembles as :
hornDynamics = {
s1*32 |
}