Re: How to tweak X-Y-offset of left Fingerings in a chord

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: How to tweak X-Y-offset of left Fingerings in a chord
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 11:38:24 +0200

Am Mi., 14. Apr. 2021 um 10:42 Uhr schrieb Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com>:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 at 10:31, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > Something very weird seems to be going
> > on. Try:
>
> Hello,
>
> Speaking of weird, the tweaks work if there is only one fingering in the
> chord.
>
> \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)
> <c'e'-\tweak X-offset #-2 \tweak Y-offset #3 -2>
>
> Cheers,
> Xavier
>
> --
> Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com>

Yeah, I noticed already. And it contradicts reasonable user-expectations.
Viewing it from inside LilyPond: the situation is indeed different if
you have one or more Fingerings. Multiple Fingerings are collected in
FingeringColumn and an own placing algorithm is at work. With only one
Fingering a FingeringColumn is not created at all.

I wonder if it would make sense if a FingeringColumn (with easy
accessible customizing possibilities) would always be created even for
only one Fingering, similar to NoteColumn with a single NoteHead.

Cheers,
  Harm