Re: Cross-staff slurs

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Cross-staff slurs
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 15:24:26 +0200

Hello Jacques,

Yes, this is possible. It’s just that Lilypond thinks that a slur of that
shape would not look good in that place. You can change the scoring parameters
Lilypond uses for determining how ugly a slur looks.

For example you can increase Slur.details.edge-attraction-factor to increase
the penalty for edge points that are very far away from the anchor points.
Note that this results in a rather ugly shape, so you’ll have to tweak other
parameters of the slur.

I suggest using the height-limit property (determines how high the slur might
be), the ratio property (determines how quickly that height is reached) and
eccentricity (moves the highest point to left or to the right).

I’ve appended an example of values that might look good for your example.

Regards,
Valentin