Re: 2nd stanza lyrics cont.

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: 2nd stanza lyrics cont.
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 14:44:53 -0700

On 2021-04-21 10:49 am, Stephane Krims wrote:
Thank you Remy and Valentin for your replies 🙂

Unfortunately i still can't figure this out.
I tried separating each stanza into different variables, like so:

altoWordsOne = \lyricmode {
\set stanza = "1. "
% first verse and chorus
}
altoWordsTwo = \lyricmode {
\set stanza = "2. "
% second verse
}
altoWordsThree = \lyricmode {
\set stanza = "3."
% third verse
}

...and then squeezing it in here, like so:

    \new Lyrics = "bass"
    \context Lyrics = "tenor" \lyricsto "tenor" \sopWords
    \context Lyrics = "lead" \lyricsto "lead" \altoWordsOne
    \context Lyrics = "lead" \lyricsto "lead" \altoWordsTwo
    \context Lyrics = "lead" \lyricsto "lead" \altoWordsThree
    \context Lyrics = "baritone" \lyricsto "baritone" \tenorWords
    \context Lyrics = "bass" \lyricsto "bass" \bassWords

You need to instantiate individual Lyrics contexts for each line of text. Consider:

%%%%
\version "2.22.0"

affinityDown = \with { \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-affinity = #DOWN }

<< \new Lyrics = aboveI \with \affinityDown
   \new Lyrics = aboveII \with \affinityDown
   \new Staff \voices upper,lower
     << { \voiceOne b'8 c'' d''2. } \\
        { \voiceTwo g'4 fis' g'2 } >>
   \new Lyrics = belowI
   \new Lyrics = belowII

   \context Lyrics = aboveI \lyricsto upper { Up -- per one }
   \context Lyrics = aboveII \lyricsto upper { Up -- per two }
   \context Lyrics = belowI \lyricsto lower { Low -- er one }
   \context Lyrics = belowII \lyricsto lower { Low -- er two } >>
%%%%

\new Lyrics is used four times because we need four distinct Lyrics lines (two stanzas each for two voices).

-- Aaron Hill