Re: Prevent lyrics from running over bar lines

From: Leo Correia de Verdier
Subject: Re: Prevent lyrics from running over bar lines
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:51:00 +0200

Hi Vladimir!

You can include these lines in a layout block:

%%%%%%%%
\layout {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
      \consists "Bar_engraver"
      \consists "Separating_line_group_engraver"
      \hide BarLine
%%%%%%%%

 (Its also possible to put the consists and hide in a \with statement in each
lyric block, but is seems clumsier to me)
More about it can be read here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics

HTH
/Leo

> 26 apr. 2021 kl. 10:35 skrev Vladimír Slávik <slavik.vladimir@seznam.cz>:
>
> Hello,
> I have lots of psalm-like pieces of music that need in some places 4-8 words
> per note. I used Lilypond 2.18.2 (within Frescobaldi), which worked
> moderately well for this. However after trying 2.22.0 on the same files and
> fixing the lyrics alignment for these "wordy" notes, the lyrics regularly run
> over the bar line "boundary" and into space under the next bar. I don't want
> that. How can I prevent this?
>
> I think I could work around this with spacers (skips?), but that does not
> seem very systematic...
>
> Pictures attached, as well as a minimized reproducer.
>
> Best,
> Vladimir

PNG image