Re: tags

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tags
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 00:16:41 +0200

Gianmaria Lari <gianmarialari@gmail.com> writes:

> Be patient with me.
>
> I expect this to generate {a~a} but it generates {a a} . Why?
>
> \version "2.23.2"
> music = {a \tag#'here a}
> {\pushToTag #'here ~ \music }

I've submitted a merge request
<https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/742> that will at
least make the following work for your purpose:

\version "2.23.3"
music = {\tag#'here a a}
{\pushToTag #'here ~ \music }

Basically it will push the articulation ~ to the front of the
(previously empty) list of articulations of the first a (it's the first
a that is in need of being changed).  Obviously, for the case of no
preexisting articulations, \pushToTag and \appendToTag will give the
same result.

Some previously non-working cases will work, some comparatively weird
previously working cases will not do anything and deliver a warning.

I don't like the sample code in the documentation and the regtest: feel
free to submit something better.

--
David Kastrup