Re: Film style large time signatures

From: Ignacio Lois
Subject: Re: Film style large time signatures
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 16:30:03 -0300

Hi Ben! Yes, that would be perfect. Can't wait to try it out. Thank you!

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 4:28 PM Ben <soundsfromsound@gmail.com> wrote:
On 6/8/2021 2:59 PM, Ignacio Lois wrote:
Yes, I've seen that and it's certainly a possibility, but I'm hoping to achieve something like this.

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 3:35 AM Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 at 21:55, Ignacio Lois <ignaciolois@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can this be done simply? Those large time signatures that are as tall as each section. I've been browsing the snippets to no avail.
>
> If this has to be done from scratch, how would you approach it?
>
> Thanks

Hello,

Maybe?

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com>

Hi Ignacio,

I use this approach sometimes when I need that style choice:

noTimeSig = { \omit TimeSignature }
largeTimeSig = {
   \numericTimeSignature
   \override Staff.TimeSignature.font-size = 9
}

\new StaffGroup <<
   \new Staff \with \noTimeSig {
     \repeat unfold 25 d''4
   }
   \new Staff \with \largeTimeSig {
     \repeat unfold 24 d''4
     \once\override Staff.TimeSignature.extra-offset = #'(0 . 4)
     d''4

   }
   \new Staff \with \noTimeSig {
     \repeat unfold 25 d''4
   }
   \new Staff \with \noTimeSig {
     \repeat unfold 25 d''4
   }
   \new Staff \with \noTimeSig {
     \repeat unfold 25 d''4
   }
   \new Staff \with \largeTimeSig {
     \repeat unfold 12 d''4
     \once\override Staff.TimeSignature.extra-offset = #'(0 . -4)
     \time 3/2
     \repeat unfold 12 d''4
     \time 4/4
     d''4