Re: Output to SVG and PDF

From: Jostle
Subject: Re: Output to SVG and PDF
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 11:05:20 +1000

Thanks. I am using Ubuntu hirsute.

Most of my scores are choral works, of 4 to 20 pages, that generate pdf, svg and midi, plus midi for each part (usually 5 midi files). In some cases I also generate a modified score for the pianist using a \book section, for which I only need the pdf file.

I'm not suggesting that this is a bug in lilypond.

I am just trying to find out if there is a way to reduce the overhead of running lilypond twice, and repeating the same command in my build.sh script which means any changes to the lilypond options need to be made in two places.

As Knute has suggested, I could achieve the second part with variables that define the rest of the command.