Re: Using partCombine with beamed melismata in cadenza mode

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Using partCombine with beamed melismata in cadenza mode
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 12:29:43 +0100

On 17/06/2021 12:19, Brent Annable wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to use \partCombine to merge two parts with beamed eighth notes in
cadenza mode (see attached). What I want is for the three eighth notes in the
lower part to merge into chords with the upper part, but Lilypond doesn't seem
to want to do it. When I take out the [ ] beaming marks, it merges the second
two notes, but the first one (tied to the previous e-flat) still won't merge
with the part above it.

Is there a way to get \partCombine to do this?

Regards,

Brent.

PS: I've noticed that the online documentation still says to use \partcombine with a
lower-case "c", but when I try that I get error messages. It only works for me
in version 2.22.1 when I use camel case (\partCombine).

Are you sure you're actually using the 2.22 documentation?  See:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#index-part-combiner

where the c is clearly upper case.

--
Phil Holmes