Re: midi2ly

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: midi2ly
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 20:17:11 -0500

On Thu 17 Jun 2021 at 17:06:22 (-0700), Kees van den Doel wrote:
> Thanks David, I have followed the convert-ly posts but my take-away was
> that convert-ly is not usable for Windows users as no solution was offered.
> I guess it's the same with this midi2ly.

[Please keep the discussion on-list where others might see it,
particularly Windows-users.]

Have you tried just invoking python3 itself, placing the name of the
script next, and then whatever arguments you were using, ie:

$ path-to-midi2ly arguments …

  ↓

$ python3 path-to-midi2ly arguments …

This is effectively all that a shebang does: you can execute a script
by name without having to care about which interpreter it needs.
(You may need path-to-python3 as well.)

Cheers,
David.