Re: How can I put a text markup above fermata

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: How can I put a text markup above fermata
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 22:40:19 -0700

On 2021-06-18 10:18 pm, 田村淳 wrote:
Hello list,

This could be a silly question but I could not figure out by myself.
How can I put a text markup (e.g., arco) above fermata?

\relative c'' {c1\fermata^"arco”}

You could adjust the outside-staff-priority of the fermata.  Consider:

%%%%
\relative c'' {
  c1 -\tweak outside-staff-priority 100 \fermata
     ^"arco"
}
%%%%

The "arco" above is a TextScript which has a default outside-staff-priority of 450. There is nothing magical about using 100 in particular for the fermata, only that it is a smaller number. Grobs with a smaller outside-staff-priority will sit closer to the staff.

-- Aaron Hill