Re: Reset page numbers on \bookpart?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Reset page numbers on \bookpart?
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 15:22:44 +0200

On 2021-06-18 03:12, Ignacio Lois wrote:
No particular reason. My aim is to have one pdf with all the instrumental parts, each with its own numbering.
it felt like it was a book, and each individual instrument was a bookpart.
Will making separate books solve the numbering issue? I guess I can try that.

Yes, you will get one PDF file per \book{...}, with separate page numbering, whereas all \bookpart{...} end up in the same PDF file. Just as you, I often prefer to collect all instrumental parts in a single PDF file.

I've used a variation of the hints provided in an earlier response, see the LilyPond files available at https://imslp.org/wiki/Quatuor_Scientifique_(Reicha%2C_Anton). The only detail I haven't yet had the time to resolve is that the choice between left hand or right hand version of the page headers and footers is still determined by the page number, as counted from the top of the file, not on the printed page number, so if a new instrument part happens to begin on an even page (as counted from the top of the file), then the left and right version of the page headers are reversed.

In this particular piece, I also used a number of extra tricks for the titling commands, to be able to create a title page for each separate part, I'm sure there are cleaner solutions to obtain the same result.

   /Mats

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 3:51 AM Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 at 04:30, Ignacio Lois <ignaciolois@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm putting together a set of orchestral parts of a piece where each \bookpart is a separate instrument.
>
> Is it possible to reset the page numbering for each bookpart?

Hello,

Is there a reason you put each separate instrument in a \bookpart and not in a \book ?

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com>