Re: lilypond coding problem

From: ming tsang
Subject: Re: lilypond coding problem
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 21:53:58 -0400

Dear Knute:
Thank you for the reply.
I had 35 bars that requires the \hideNotes:
bars 16, 20, 21, 23, 25, 26 no \unHideNotes coded
bar 40 requires \unHideNotes
bar 42 no \unHideNotes coded
bar 44 requires  \unHideNotes
bar 46 no \unHideNotes coded
bar 51 requires \unHideNotes
bars 52, 56, 57,59,60,76 no \unHideNotes coded
bar 78 requires \unHideNotes
bar 80  no \unHideNotes coded
bar 85 requires \unHideNotes
bars 86, 90,91 no \\unHideNotes coded
bar 108 requires \unHideNotes
bar 110 no \unHideNotes coded
bars 112 ,119 requires \unHideNotes
bar 120 no \unHideNotes

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 9:35 AM Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 3:13 AM ming tsang <ming.tsang94@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Moinard and Knute
> Thank you for the tips on \hideNotes and \unHideNotes.
> I coded 35 bars using \hidesNotes, only 4 bars need the \unHideNotes. I discovered this while coding.  I have no idea.  When I saw missing notes (even though I had coded in) I used \unHideNotes.
> Question:
> 1.  Do \hideNotes and \unHideNotes must be used in pairs?

Nearly always.  I can imagine being close to the end of a piece and
using \hideNotes without \unhideNotes, but that would be rare. I
usua;;y hide notes, then as soon as I can, unhide them.

> 2.  How can I pass the nide note in using variables? ie hn = *3/4 (\hideNotes d8)
>       in my code I use  f,2\hn

I don't think that will work, but you could try it!

--
Knute Snortum

--
ming (lyndon) tsang