Re: Testers wanted

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: Testers wanted
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 10:02:52 +0200

Hi Michael,

Mac OS X 10.4–10.14, Intel x86 CPU, 32 bit

I’m currently using a late-2012 27” iMac with macOS Catalina 10.15.7, but this
can’t be upgraded to macOS Big Sur, and a recent whiff of overheated
circuit-board when I leant over the back of my monitor prompted me to order a
replacement which is due to arrive today.

I want to make an orderly transition of all my applications and data to the new
computer, but would be happy to try a quick installation of lilypond on a
virgin machine running MacOS 11 if that would help you.

Only installers for the x86 32-bit MacOS versions 10.4 to 10.14 are produced
using GUB. Users of those versions of MacOS can help with a test.

It's clear that MacOS 11 is not within that range. Neither MacOS "Catalina" nor "Big
Sur" are supported by the linked installation archive.

Knut