Re: Scheme doesn't check for missspeeled variable names???

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Scheme doesn't check for missspeeled variable names???
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 17:07:06 -0700

(Do try to keep the mailing list on all replies, so that threads do not get disrupted and to ensure broad visibility and participation.)

On 2021-07-20 8:11 pm, James B. Wilkinson wrote:
I fat-fingered the keyboard on my laptop and got this:
flute-notes = {
 \override BreathingSigh.Y-offset = #2.6                      %% also
tried #5.0 and some really big numbers; no effect
 7 bars of music in 4/4
}
AND I never got an error message.

What version are you running?  You should have gotten this output:

Sure enough. I got the latest version, and that’s what happens now.

I had this:   2.22.0-1  on OS X 10.14.6

My use of Lillypond is sporadic. I prolly should start every project
with a fresh download.

thanks for the quick reply.

Well, to be fair, I would expect all versions of LilyPond to have produced that error. As such, the issue was likely more about your environment and workflow, checking to see if some other process was hiding the error message.

-- Aaron Hill