slurUp not honored for acciaccatura/appoggiatura if first note

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: slurUp not honored for acciaccatura/appoggiatura if first note
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 17:18:22 -0700

I've run into what I think is a bug (and I couldn't find it in gitlab
Issues). If an acciaccatura or appoggiatura is the first note in a
piece, a \slurUp is not honored (it stays a down slur). Subsequent
notes work fine. MWE:

%%%
\version "2.23.3"

\relative c' {
  \acciaccatura { \slurUp d8 } c4 \acciaccatura { \slurUp d8 } c4
  \acciaccatura { \slurUp d8 } c4 \acciaccatura { \slurUp d8 } c4
}

\relative c' {
  \appoggiatura { \slurUp d8 } c4 \appoggiatura { \slurUp d8 } c4
  \appoggiatura { \slurUp d8 } c4 \appoggiatura { \slurUp d8 } c4
}
%%%

Is there a work-around?

--