Differentiate between including and direct compiling a file

From: R. Padraic Springuel
Subject: Differentiate between including and direct compiling a file
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 14:52:18 -0400

Is there a way for Lilypond to differentiate between a file which is being
compiled directly and it being included in the compilation of another file?
Something equivalent to `if __name__ == “__main__”` from python?  I’d like to
add simple examples to my various tools that I can use to test it (both during
original development and after an update which breaks something) and remind me
of what the tool does when I haven’t used it in a while. Ideally, I’d hide
these examples inside a construction like this so that the example output is
only produced when the tool file is compiled directly.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE