Re: Why the whole bar rests wider and can't I change the width?

From: takumi ikeda
Subject: Re: Why the whole bar rests wider and can't I change the width?
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:42:50 +0900

Dear all,

Thank you for your useful advice.
I have not seen \newSpacingSection before, and it works very well.

> This is the most laborious method, giving detailed control, though.

I compose using a program, so it's easy to write the same thing a
hundred times. ;-)

Unfortunately, the method of overriding the duration was not good. It
reduced the readability of the non-MMR bars.

As a composer, I can tell you that a score is given to the performer.
No matter how well it is written, it is useless if it is difficult to
read or inconvenient for the performer.
Of course, my work must be strange, but when the number of pages
increases because of the many MMRs, the performer has to turn one more
page.
The MMR is an instruction to rest for the number of bars indicated,
and the width of the bars is not necessary information imho.
I don't think I need the feature to fix the width of the MMR depending
on the duration. However, others may need it. So I believe it is
important that the user can choose.

Sincerely,
Takumi